e2 Young Engineers – Central Mississauga
BRICKS CHALLENGE STEM CAMP
Registration is currently accepted
◊◊Early bird price up till June 09 ◊◊
$205.00 + HST/week
$45.00 + HST /day
$35.00 + HST/ half day
The Bricks Challenge program introduces elementary school children (ages 6-12) to the basic principles of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). By integrating basic arithmetic learned in school with an intuitive active learning process, children grasp a better understanding of the fundamentals of physics and engineering concepts.
Ages: 6-12 (1st – 5th grade)
Average lesson duration: 75 minutes
Program Subjects Include
Basic and complex mathematics: Instructors teach basic math, from addition and subtraction to exponents
Famous scientific and philosophical figures: Archimedes, Sir Isaac Newton, Einstein, and more
- Powers and principles in physics:
- Centrifugal and centripetal forces ---Washing machine, carousel,
- Kinetic energy------Elastic car/ race car/ jeep
- Gear transmission----------Powerhouse, hand mixer, screw driver, street sweeper
- Symmetry------Android/ Robot rabbit
- Angular momentum--------motorcycle
- Aviation aerodynamics------Star Wars shuttle, flying man, helicopter
- Friction and motion---------street cleaner
- City Engineering--------New York City, City Central Airport, Bus station
Craft, mine crafting, introduction to coding, 3 D drawing, painting, puzzles.
Virtual reality, preparation of soap balls
BIG BUILDERS SUMMER CAMP
$185.00 + HST/week
$45.00 + HST /day
$30.00 + HST/ half day
Ages: 3 1/2-6 (Pre-school)
This fun and unique program is for young kids in preschool, daycare and kindergarten (ages 4-6). The Big Builders program incorporates tactile, motor, and spatial skills while introducing science and engineering principles using K’nex® building blocks.
- Physics Principles: Basic principles such as balance and buoyancy
- Animal Kingdom: Various animals – domestic and wild
- Biology: Natural pest control, pollination and symbiosis
- The Universe: Space, Earth and the Solar System
- Geometry: Characteristics of basic geometric shapes
- Craft, mine crafting, introduction to coding, 3 D drawing, painting, puzzles
World Best After school program for children (HRH Prince Charles of Wales Reward 2011)
E2 Young Engineers was created in Israel and is currently used in 43 countries among which are the United States, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Korea.
In 2011 it was awarded one of the world best after school program by SEM, HRH Prince Charles of Wales!